Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Swiftly Tilting Planet

Sometimes, oft times, I'm annoying. I reach out to people too often, people I hardly know, or know too well.

After being here for 7.5 months I can tell you legitimately tell you Grand Rapids is different. Of course, it's only different because I didn't live here for 23 years. I'm not a big town guy, though people here will have you believing it's small.

With the exception of two people, Allen and Katie, others I've made any attempt to befriend have turned out to be about as phony as people can often be. That discredits some people I work with, but I can't say I've made more than a few attempts at getting to know them.

It is this, my presumed readers, that drives me to call out to my original friends. These people remain a light to me, and give me the simplest of joy just talking to them, reminding me I'm not losing my mind in this place I only am now beginning to know.

So forgive the calls, I only want to talk.

No comments: